Mon 22.7 - Sat 27.7
I’m very pleased to invite you all to my first solo exhibition at the coolest place in town, the Kuli Alma!
This exhibition will display the works that I’m proudest of on canvas and on paper. During the exhibition I will also launch a screen printed T-shirt of my own design (for boys and girls, of course), and a variety of prints for every heart and every home.
Daria Black , an insanely talented tattoo artist and my amazing partner, will host the exhibition by my side, and together we will you offer a life-long memento in the form of a wide range of calligraphic flash tattoos, and more .
The main difference between classical calligraphy and modern calligraphy is that classical calligraphy is clean, beautiful and practical. In contrast, modern calligraphy combines graffiti and abstract design.
Modern calligraphy is impractical because it’s almost unreadable, but it communicates with the viewer through the shapes of the letters and the flow of each word. The meaning is not derived from the text, but from the appearance of the text.
Each letter is a tool that I enjoy working with, so I decided to take the field not only into the world of meaning and message but also into the decorative and abstract world, the meaningless and yet the most understandable.
- Sun 27.10 - Sat 2.11Halloween week at Kuli Alma // 27.10-2.11music
- Sun 27.10 - Sat 2.11Kuli Halloween 2019music
- Mon 28.10 - Sat 2.11Yarden Amir SOLO Exhibitionexhibition
- Sat 12.10 - Sat 12.10Mikveh Disco Drag: Kuli Alma // 12.10, 22:30live
- Wed 6.11 - Sun 6.10Yotam Avni: Money For Medicine || Live at Kuli Alma 6.11music
- Sun 6.10 - Sun 6.10Tomer Yeshayahu Livemusic